prices in Pound
 
  Home
  News and offers
  Genetic Diseases
Dogs
Cats
Horses
Cattle
Pigs
Sheep
  Coat Colours / Length
  Identity / Parentage
  Reptiles & Amphibians
  Avian Tests
  Profiles / Screening
  Infectious Diseases
  Organs / Parameters
  Downloads & Order
  Order Online
  About Us
  Crufts & Shows
  Contact Us
  Kennel Club ABS
  facebook
 
**NEW**



Bengal Special offer:
3 Bengal Specific DNA tests for just £60.00 incl VAT
Bengal DNA bundle (rdAc-PRA + b-PRA + PK-Def) 



British Special offer:
3 Breed Specific DNA tests for just £60.00 incl VAT
British Short / Long Hair DNA bundle (PKD + pd-PRA + ALS)



Burmese Special offer:
3 Breed Specific DNA tests for just £66.00 incl VAT
Burmese DNA bundle (Hypokalemia (BHK) + Head Defect + Gangliosidosis (GM2)



Birman Special offer:
4 Breed Specific DNA tests for just £66.00 incl VAT
Birma DNA bundle (PKD + pd-PRA + Hypotrichiose + MPS6)



Maine Coon Special offer:
3 Breed Specific DNA tests for just £60.00 incl VAT
Maine Coon DNA bundle (HCM1 + SMA + PK-Def)



Ragdoll Special offer:
4 Breed Specific DNA tests for just £60.00 incl VAT
Ragdoll DNA bundle (HCM1 + HCM3 + PKD + pd-PRA)



Norwegian Special offer:
3 Breed Specific DNA tests for just £60.00 incl VAT
Norwegian Forest DNA bundle (PK-Def + Amber + GSD4)



Feline Special Offer:
8 cat DNA tests for just £79.95 including VAT
HCM, HCR, GSD4, PKD, PRA, PK-Def., SMA, Blood Groups

new test: Cocoa (Chocolate / Brown ) in French Bulldog
new test: Stargardt disease ( STGD )  and  Copper storage disease - Copper toxicosis (CT) in Labrador Retriever
new test: Inflammatory Pulmonary Disease ( IPD ) in Rough and Smooth Collies
new test: Lafora Disease in Basset Hound, Beagle, Chihuahua, French Bulldog, Welsh Corgi and Mini Wirehaired Dachshund
new Kennel Club DNA testing schemes with LABOKLIN:
• Pug Dog Encephalitis (PDE) / Necrotizing Meningoencephalitis (NME) in Pug
• Progressive Retinal Atrophy (prcd-PRA) and • Progressive retinal atrophy ( rcd4-PRA) / LOPRA in Standard Poodle
• Dwarfism ( Chondrodysplasia / disproportinate short-limbed ) and • Primary Open Angle Glaucoma (POAG) in Norwegian Elkhounds


Gangliosidosis GM1

Test number: 8041

GM1

Breeds
Balinese , Javanese , Korat , Oriental Shorthair , Peterbald , Seychellois , Siamese , Thai , Tonkinese .
The Disease
The gangliosidoses are inherited diseases of a category known as lysosomal storage diseases.

Affected kittens have head tremors at the beginning followed by impaired co-ordination of leg movements which eventually lead to paralysis.

GM1 gangliosidosis is due to an inherited deficiency of the enzyme beta -galactosidase. Gangliosidoses is inherited as autosomal recessive traits. This means that cats which inherit only one copy of the disease gene appear normal, but the mutation can be passed on to their kittens with a 50 percent chance. Matings between clears to carriers will result in kittens with a 50/50 chance of being clear, a 50/50 chance of being carriers. Kittens produced by clear to carrier matings should be tested. Breeding carriers to carriers gives each kitten a 25 percent chance of being clear, a 50 percent chance of being a carrier, and a 25 percent chance of being GM affected. The DNA-based tests diffrentiate between affected, carriers and clear cats. These tests can be done reliably at any age, and the results are exactly accurate.

Trait of Inheritance
Autosomal Recessive

Inheritance : AUTOSOMAL RECESSIVE trait


 

Sire

 

Dam

 

Offspring

         
clear
clear
100% clear
         
clear
carrier
50%  clear + 50% carriers
         
clear
affected
100% carriers
         
carrier
clear
50%  clear + 50% carriers
         
carrier
carrier
25% clear + 25% affected + 50% carriers
         
carrier
affected
50% carriers + 50% affected
         
affected
clear
100%  carriers
         
affected
carrier
50% carriers + 50% affected
         
affected
affected
100% affected

 


Clear

Genotype: N / N [ Homozygous normal ]

The cat is noncarrier of the mutant gene.

It is very unlikely that the cat will develop Gangliosidosis GM1. The cat will never pass the mutation to its offspring, and therefore it can be bred to any other cat.

 

Carrier

Genotype: N / GM1 [ Heterozygous ]

The cat carries one copy of the mutant gene and one copy of the normal gene.

It is very unlikely that the cat will develop Gangliosidosis GM1 but since it carries the mutant gene, it can pass it on to its offspring with the probability of 50%.

Carriers should only be bred to clear cats.

Avoid breeding carrier to carrier because 25% of their offspring is expected to be affected (see table above)

 

Affected

Genotype: GM1 / GM1 [ Homozygous mutant ]

 

The cat carries two copies of the mutant gene and therefore it will pass the mutant gene to its entire offspring.

The cat is likely to develop Gangliosidosis GM1 and will pass the mutant gene to its entire offspring
Sample Requirements
Whole blood in EDTA tube (0.5 - 1 ml) or Buccal Swabs.
Whole blood in EDTA tube (0.5 - 1 ml) or Buccal swabs. .
Turnaround
2 - 3 weeks
Price
£ 48.00 (including VAT)

To order:

  • Download Order Form from this link pdf

  • Complete the order form and send it together with your samples to the following address:

    Laboklin (UK),   125 Northenden Road, Manchester, M33 3HF




new test:
Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS)
new test:
ACAN Dwarfism (Chondrodysplasia)
new test:
Predictive Height Test ( LCORL)
new test:

Tractability
new test:
Coat colour Sunshire Dilution



See also:
HCM 1 (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ) Mutation Meurs (G-- > C) A31P  
Norwegian Forest DNA bundle (PK-Def + Amber + GSD4)  
HCM (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy HCM3/HCR)  
PKD (Feline Polycystic Kidney Disease)  
PK Deficiency (Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency)  
rdAc-PRA (Progressive Retinal Atrophy )  
Genetic Blood groups in cats  
SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy )  
Serological Evaluation of blood Groups  
Hypokalemia / Familial Episodic Hypokalaemic Polymyopathy (BHK)  
Head Defect (BHD)  
Alpha-Mannosidosis (AMD)  
Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome (CMS)  
Gangliosidosis GM2  
Gangliosidosis GM2  
Mucopolysaccharidosis Type VI (MPS VI MPS6)  
Mucopolysaccharidosis type VII (MPS VII / MPS7)  
Myotonia Congenita (Fainting Goat)  
pd - Progressive Retinal Atrophy (pd-PRA)  
Progressive Retinal Atrophy (rdy-PRA)  
Hypotrichosis and Short Life Expectancy  
Progressive Retinal Atrophy in Bengal (PRA-b / b-PRA)  
Special Offer: HCM, HCR, GSD4, PKD, PRA, PK-Def., SMA, Blood Groups  
Osteochondrodysplasia (Scottish Fold Osteodystrophy)  
Primary Congenital Glaucoma (PCG)  
Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome (ALPS)  
Cystinuria (Feline Cystinuria) (CY)  
Persian DNA bundle (PKD + pd-PRA + AMD)  
British Short / Long Hair DNA bundle (PKD + pd-PRA + ALS)  
Burmese DNA bundle (Hypokalemia (BHK) + Head Defect + Gangliosidosis (GM2)  
Birma DNA bundle (PKD + pd-PRA + Hypotrichiose + MPS6)  
Bengal DNA bundle (rdAc-PRA + b-PRA + PK-Def)  
Maine Coon DNA bundle (HCM1 + SMA + PK-Def)  
Ragdoll DNA bundle (HCM1 + HCM3 + PKD + pd-PRA)  
Glycogen Storage Disease ( GSD ) Type IV  

 
 
Home   |   Genetic Diseases  |   Coat Colours / Length  |   Identity / Parentage  |   Reptiles & Amphibians  |   Avian Tests  |   Profiles / Screening  |   Infectious Diseases  |   Organs / Parameters  |   About us  |   Contact Us
LABOKLIN GmbH & Co. KG
ISO / DIN 17025 Accredited Laboratory
© 2007 Laboklin (UK)
125 Northenden Road, Manchester, M33 3HF
Tel. 0161 282 3066